Monday, June 7, 2010

Hot Heat in Nevada....

Oh my gosh! Can I just say, I HATE the HOT, DRY HEAT! I know, I know....why do I live here then? Well simple I hate humidity and snow more!

My favorite time of the year is Fall. Spring comes in a close second. But I am pretty sure here in Alamo, we skipped right over Spring this year. I mean it seems like I just had the heater on 2 weeks ago & now I am dying of heat and cant get cool enough.

Well with school out now. I think we can all say we are in "the hot days of summer". Jessica is already asking "what can I do? I'm bored!"
She doesn't think it's very funny when I tell her to pull some weeds if she's that bored.

As some of you know and can see the link on my front page, I am trying to raise $2300.00 in order to be able to participate in the 3-Day for the Cure.
This is an event where all those who wish to take part walk/jog/run 20 miles for 3 days. In order to help end the fight against Breast Cancer.
ALL donations go to the Susan G. Komen foundation. The walk I have chosen to do is held in Arizona on November 12-14th. PLEASE feel free to check out more about this event @ The3Day.org *also if you wish to help me reach my goal just click the link on the front page of this blog.*

On to a different topic: Fabulous Friends!
You know friends come in all ages, shapes, gender,races & religion. I am so grateful to have the friends I do! I think everyone takes advantage (un- knowingly of course) I hope I haven't forgotten to send anyone a "thank you note" for all the many acts of kindness given to me and my family, while I was "down" from my shoulder surgery. If so I am so sorry!
I had many meals brought into our home. Many rides to & from the doctor. And countless rides given to Jessica for Softball games. Some just called or text me to give a smile, joke or to fill me in on life outside the 4 walls I was looking at. Man I am SO HAPPY to have you all in MY "circle" of friends & family.
So Pay it forward.....why not tell your friends how glad you are that they are a part of your circle!? It will make their day and make you feel good too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you! It's supposed to cool down though in the next few days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...