Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Soup with Sausage

I love fresh veggies from the garden.
And during Summer, if you have a garden you probably grow some type of squash.
My favorites are Crook Neck (yellow) and Zucchini. In this soup you can use whatever type of squash you want. (I just typed in zucchini)
And meal in the Summer that I can make that
doesn't heat up my home is a Good thing!

1/2 lb. Pork sausage; browned & cooked
1 chopped Onion
1 clove of Garlic; minced
3 (14 oz.) cans of Chicken Broth
28 oz. can Crushed Tomato
2 med. size Zucchini; diced
2 carrots diced
3 stalks of Celery diced
1 green pepper; diced
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 C. uncooked Macaroni noodles


Place cooked meat into Crock Pot. Add all other items.
Cook on Low heat for 4 hours until noodles are cooked.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...