Monday, March 12, 2012

Lark's Cream Puff's



For some reason I have become "known" in town for making Cream Puff's.
I think it all started when I made these for special holiday's at the Bakery I worked for here in town. Now even though I no longer work there I have had a few "order's" from friends for these. Who am I to say no?!.. I love baking and love it when I get requested items. :) Anyone can make these. They are pretty simple, I think the hardest part is trying not to eat them after they are all plated and begging me to indulge! (lol)
For the "Puff":

6 Tbsp. butter (NO substitute)

1 C. water

1/4 tsp. salt

1 C. flour

4 eggs

Preheat oven to 400
In a sauce pan bring to a boil the water, salt and butter.

Remove from heat and stir in flour.... it will be thick, forming a ball.

Now add eggs one at a time, the dough will separate and then come back together after each egg is added. Then you can either fill a pastry bag and pipe them onto a greased lined foiled cookie sheet. Or you can just drop them on using a spoon.

Place on sheet at a time in oven. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

Then lower oven to 350 and continue to bake for another 25 min.
Let cool on a wire rack. When cool cut each puff, making a top & bottom.
Take out the "innards" (the extra egg dough) throw away. and then fill each with the cream filling below. Top with powdered sugar or chocolate frosting.

Cream filling:

1 (5.1 oz.) box Instant Chocolate or Vanilla pudding

2 1/2 c. milk

1 (12 oz.) container of Cool Whip topping; thawed

Mix the milk with the pudding mix, chill until set up.

Then fold in the Cool Whip. Fill each puff.





Pin It

6 comments:

Martha said...

Oh those look yummy! My sister used to make these when I was "knee high". We always thought they were delicious then and I'm sure they still are. Happy Mother's Day!

Suzy said...

I may have to give these a try for my husband. They look beautiful :-) Its nice to be famous for something!

Betsy Brock said...

yum. I want a couple of those right now!

Kathryn said...

These are one of my favorites! Please share your delicious recipe with our readers by linking it up at Muffin Monday! Thanks!

http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/cant-get-enough-vanilla-muffins

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

We both have cream puffs today. :-) It's so great that you are known around town for your baking. Well, you are getting known around the Internet too. You have such nice recipes. Thank you for participating in Vintage Recipe Thursday, Lark.

The Better Baker said...

Oh my! They look heavenly. I LOOOVE knowing you are known around town for making them. Good for you - you are one honkin, creatin, bakin, amazin woman! XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...