Saturday, April 23, 2011

Amazing Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

I will be the first to admit that when I first saw a recipe for 
"Crock Pot Mac & Cheese" I though of a big pot of cheese flavored mush. And I will also admit my first attempt was just that.

Well move over mush, This is some seriously amazing Mac & Cheese!
What you will need:

1 (16 oz.) package of Macaroni
20 oz. of Sharp Cheddar..or you can make a mix of different types
1 (8oz.) pkg. Cream Cheese: cubed
1/2 Stick of Margarine: melted
2 Egg's
2 C. Milk
Salt & Pepper to taste
First Boil Pasta until it is half done, about 7-8 minutes.
Drain pasta then pour into your lightly sprayed Crock Pot.
Next add the Shredded cheese & Cream Cheese to the pasta.
*I do NOT recommend using Pre-Shredded Cheese, 
I did this once and it makes the Sauce grainy.

In a bowl combine eggs, milk salt and pepper. Beat well.
Then stir in melted Margarine. Beat together again.

Pour this mixture over the cheese & pasta. Stir until all is blended.
Cook on LOW heat for 2 hrs. Stirring occasionally.
You will be surprised at how good it taste's.

11 comments:

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks said...

Whoa! That sounds intense...and good! That is some serious Mac n Cheese!

heather said...

Ya...if you could just send some of that over to me that would be great...

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

This looks seriously dreamy....dreamy delicious good.

The Better Baker said...

Sure can't go wrong when you add cream cheese to anything - I'm sure this is marvelously creamy. MMM!

Jane said...

Hi Lark!
I never made Mac & Cheese in the Crock Pot before. I definitely need to try this!

Thanks for adding this recipe to Melt in Your Mouth Monday!

Christina said...

This really does sound good. I LOVE mac and cheese. Thanks for telling me about this recipe!

Tessa said...

This would be a great idea if you were serving this for a big dinner where there is lots to do - or just a busy day at that :) Looks delicious!

EmandM said...

This seems so good! I'll definitely have to try it!

Kristin said...

easy & delicious mac & cheese that i can cook in my crock pot while i'm not home!? what more could i ask for!?

thanks so much for linking up to mangia mondays!

-kristin

Tracy said...

Yum - I love crock pot mac & cheese. I've never tried it with cream cheese before. thanks for the idea.

Brandi said...

Looks delicious. My family loves mac and cheese. I never thought to make it in the crock pot! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...