Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lark's "Fake Fried" Chicken

I LOVE Chicken! But my most favorite way to eat it is Fried.   NOT great for my waist line.

I have tried Oven Baked chicken recipes before.....and while some are good,
NOT all is created equal. So That got my mind to thinking. (and I don't need to tell you that when Mom is trying to figure out a new recipe...WATCH OUT!)
 I decided to see if I could combine several of the recipes I saw into ONE REALLY GOOD recipe.  Well this is what I came up with. And I have to tell you my husband didn't even notice that the chicken was skinless.  :) (Score one for Sneaky Me!)

*I end up Doubling this recipe*


6 TBSP.  Butter (I used I cant believe it's not butter)
2/3 C. Bisquick
1 1/2 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 1/4 tsp. Salt (can use salt substitute)
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion powder
4 lbs. Chicken ( I use skinless)


Preheat oven to 425
In a 9x13 pan cut up the margarine & place in oven while heating to melt .


Mix all dry ingredients together until well blended.


When margarine is melted take out of oven. Set aside.
I like to keep all the chicken in a bowl full of water. I take one piece of chicken at a time, lightly shake off water.(do not pat dry. You want it wet to hold coating) toss into the coating. Then place "top side" down into the pan with margarine. * If using skin on chicken, place the skin side down. 


Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Then turn each piece over and return to bake for another 15-20 minutes.  Making sure it is cooked all the way through.


Now if that isn't the Best "fake fried chicken" you have ever tasted...
send me the recipe that is!  :)


Enjoy!
  Lark

14 comments:

Martha said...

This sure does look like wonderful fake fried chicken - definitely going on the must try list!!

Mandy Bird said...

This looks really really really good! I love fried chicken!

Unknown said...

I love this. Anyway I can fake out my family is a winner in my book. Thanks so much for another great idea. Now why dont you just come over and make it for me.

Food Glorious Food! said...

This is perfect! Fried chicken without the hardcore frying! :) Love it!

Hezzi-D said...

I can't beleive it's not fried! It looks delicious!

Harvesting for Life said...

Love it!! That's how I usually do fried chicken too, it's so much easier! If you like that, you will probably LOVE my grandma's buttermilk chicken!
http://themarfarmfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/buttermilk-chicken.html

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

I always oven-fry chicken because it is so much easier. I'll have to try your combo of seasonings! Looks fabulous.

The Better Baker said...

This recipe sounds delightful - I will definitely try it. I love 'faking' my family out with healthier dishes. I think I'll add some crushed pecans too. MMM -sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Martha said...

Just wanted to pop back in to let you know I linked this up on my menu plans this week... http://tmsworkbook.blogspot.com/2011/05/menu-plans-515-521.html

Can't wait to try it :-)

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

It's my day for a blog hop, I'd love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes at savory sunday!! Have a great day :)

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

Oh my gosh this looks wonderfully tasty! Thanks for linking up to Savory Sundays!!

(don't forget to link back in the post to savory sunday!)

Angie A said...

adding this to my must try file! thank you!

Unknown said...

Made this tonight. I dont know what i did wrong but my breading didnt stuck to the bottomw when i went to flip each piece. It was still very yummy and i will try again. Thx for sharing.

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

I have yet to find a chicken recipe that makes me feel like I did a good job. I must try your recipe and then I can stop ordering take out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...