Saturday, August 6, 2011

Shepard's Pie


Since I am busy this weekend catering a wedding,
I thought I would share with you all again
this wonderful simple meal. 
 
This is one of my families "go to" meals. When ever they don't seem to agree on what they want for dinner...I fix this. My hubby loves that it has his Meat & Potatoes. My daughter loves the Potatoes and Cheese. While I am just glad to make something they will eat.  
 I use Hunt's Basil, Oregano & garlic tomato Sauce instead of Tomato Soup. I think it adds so much more flavor.
This is such an easy fast fix of a main dish I am sure you will agree.

1 lb. Cooked Ground Beef, seasoned the way YOU like.
1 Can green Beans; drained
2 (8oz.) can's Hunt's tomato Sauce
2 C. prepared mashed potatoes. (I make up some instant)
1 C. Sharp Shredded Cheese.

Mix the meat, sauce and green beans together. Pour into a 9x9 pan.
top with the mashed potatoes, spreading evenly. Sprinkle cheese on top.

Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.

Super easy. :)

Lark

2 comments:

Food Glorious Food! said...

Another wonderful recipe of yours! I am sure I'll love the wonderful flavors! Yummy!

Carolina HeartStrings said...

I make a very similar recipe for my husband he loves it. Thanks for sharing ours. Looks fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...