Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Soft and Chewy Caramel Corn

Home town Football Games, bring to my mind
cool crisp nights, tailgate parties with friends
and home baked goodies to share.
Caramel Popcorn is a popular "Fall" season treat,
I love  taking it along to the games and share.



Soft and Chewy Caramel Corn
(4) Bags of Microwave Popcorn
*I like to pop them first and sift out the un-popped kernels.
1/2  C. Butter
4 1/2 C. Sugar
2 1/2 C. Brown sugar
1 (12oz.) can Evaporated milk
2 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Light Corn Syrup

Bring to a boil: Butter, Sugar(s),Milk and cream.
Then stir in Salt and corn syrup. 
Boil to a "Softball" stage.
Stirring constantly.
Pour over popped corn, mix well.
Lay out to "dry" on a sprayed pan.
The Flavors of Fall,
Lark


4 comments:

The Better Baker said...

All right Girlfriend...I about broke my tooth trying to take a bite of this more than wonderful looking caramel corn. I'm all about caramel corn and will most definitely try this very soon. OH YUUUUMMM! You are the bestest!

Erin said...

I love caramel corn!! So excited that this is soft. It has been years since I have made it, saving this now!!!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

Hello... I am visiting from Bobbi's Kozy kitchen (I am also one of her award nominees). sound delicious and great for a planned party coming up! so was thrilled to read your version before I attempted mine... Anyway, I just love your blog, and hope you will consider this heartfelt invitation...

Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you do. Great photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
http://erecipecards.com/

It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

Dave
http://erecipecards.com/
Contact@eRecipeCards.com

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, man, this is one food I cannot resist! I'd probably eat the whole batch in one sitting :/ I will have to make it for my book club so I can practice my will power! SO yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...