Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Butterfinger Bomb Cake

This is the Bomb!
It also is my husband's favorite cake. He asks for it every Birthday. It is a great cake to take for a potluck. You will receive rave reviews and many requests for the recipe.



1 Chocolate Cake Mix *(I like to use Betty Crocker)
1 C. Sour Cream
1 Jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping
4 regular size Butterfinger Candy Bars
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip Topping

Mix & bake cake to directions on box, plus adding in the sour cream. Bake in a 9×13″ pan While still warm, poke holes all over cake using the end of a wooden spoon. Pour caramel topping over the warm cake and “into” the holes (reserve 5 TBSP). Then set in fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. Spread Cool Whip over cake. Next crush Butterfingers and sprinkle on Cool Whip. Finish by drizzling remaining caramel over cake.
Store cake in refrigerator.

Let me know what you think.
  Lark 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lark you are killing me! This looks so tempting and I'm a nut for a good butterfinger.
Post a salad or something, haha.
All these sweets are going to do me in!

The Better Baker said...

Oh Sparky - what a temptress you are! =) This has gotta be DA BOMB for sure....YUUUM! I will definitely make it one day.

Dip It In Chocolate said...

Hehe, oh my. This is definitely up my alley. Looks delish!

Marcia said...

I can't wait to make this for the weekend (Saturday is our "cheat day"!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts said...

Oh my - I can't get oer how good this cake looks! So easy to make too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...