Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Red Beans & Rice

My husband was born and raised in the great
state of Louisiana. Ever since we have been married
he has "hinted" around that he would LOVE
it if I made him some Red Beans and Rice.
*Not that I don't aim to please...
I just don't care for the dish. So I made that
his Mom's special dish to make him. (lol)
Well last week I gave in...after 14 yrs.
He said I "nailed" it!
If you are a fan of this dish, try them out
and see how my version stacks up.

Red Beans and Rice
1 lb. Dry Red Beans
1 lb. Beef Kielbasa~sliced
3 (14.5oz.) Cans Beef Broth
1 White Onion~ diced
1 TBSP. Garlic~minced
1 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Chili Powder
*Water

Start by soaking your beans for at least 
8 hrs. or overnight. 
The next day start with placing the onion,
garlic and sausage in a large cast iron pot
 or in your slow cooker.
Brown sausage and onion until tender.
Pour in beef broth, seasonings and drained beans.
Simmer for at least 4 hours.
Stirring every hour, continue cooking until 
beans are tender. You may need to add in more
water to thin out the beans.
Serve over Rice.
In The Name Of Love,
Lark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...