Friday, June 22, 2012

RED VELVET CAKE

It is said that everyone has a special
"Red Velvet" cake recipe somewhere
in their recipe files. (WHO said
that I have NO idea...ha, ha).
Because I know I didn't have one.
I never really thought that I
needed one.  One day I was asked
to look through my many recipes
to find my "said" favorite 
red velvet cake recipe.
It was a L--O--N--G search!
Then all of a sudden I remembered
that I had made a really moist 
chocolate cake recipe last month.
I knew I could alter it into
a FABULOUS red velvet cake.
I made the recipe into (6)
Mini Bundt Cake's however
you can make this in
a 9x13, or 2- 8 inch rounds.
RED VELVET CAKE
2 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 C. Margarine~ softened
2 C. Sugar
4 Egglands Best Eggs
1 C. Sour Cream
1/2 C. Milk
2 TBSP Red Food Coloring*
*If you feel this is to much coloring,
you can add 1 oz. )
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
*Cream Cheese Frosting

Preheat oven to 350
Sift together flour, cocoa, soda, salt.~ set aside
Cream together margarine and sugar
until light and fluffy. Beat in egg's
one at a time, mix until smooth.
Then add the sour cream, milk,
food coloring and vanilla.
Mix in sifted ingredients into
the batter slowly.
Pour into greased pans.
Bake for 20-25 minutes
or until cooked through.
Frost Cooled Cake with your
favorite Cream Cheese Frosting.
Add a little color to your cake,
Lark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...