Monday, July 30, 2012

Guest Post By : Life By Jill Marie ~ Strawberry Shortcakes

Your in for a Sweet Surprise today.
I would like to introduce y'all
to a new friend of mine,...
Meet Jill 
I am Jill of Life by Jill Marie.
 I live in Minnesota, I am married to an Elementary Principal. 
We have a 27 year old daughter who is married
 and lives in San Diego, CA.
 A 21 year old daughter who is going 
to school in Minnesota. Plus a 20 year old
 son who also attends school in Minnesota.
 I love baking (not cooking), and love Shabby Chic style!

*Jill on the right*
Although I we have never meet in
person, I have gotten to know
more about her using way
of Face Book-land. 
Jill is so good about making
the kindest comment's on 
many of my recipes.
She seem's to have a very
easy going, positive attitude.
I am sure you will want to start 
following her blog as well.
Now lets get to her fabulous recipe!
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES

Strawberries~hulled and quartered,
 sprinkle with a little sugar, set aside
1 pt. whipping cream, 
whip until still peaks form, 
add in some sugar and vanilla,
 refrigerate.

Cakes:
1/2 c. melted butter
1 Egg*
 *(crack this into a 1 C measuring cup
fill the cup with enough milk to reach the top)
1 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder

Melt the butter,stir in the sugar. 
Add milk and egg. 
Stir in the flour and baking powder. 
Bake in Muffin tins or a 8" cake pan.
 Bake @ 350 for about 20-25 minutes
 or until just lightly golden brown!
Just assemble and serve.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Jill so much for taking the time to come for a visit & share this "perfect for these HOT Summer Days" recipe! I can never get enough Strawberry Shortcake! I love getting to know a little bit more about you <3

The Better Baker said...

Great post - awesome recipe. Meeting new friends in BlogLand is such an important part of my life! Thanks to both of you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...