Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nutella filled Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts


Oh My Flipping Heck are these little
gems dangerous! You can make them 
with or without the Nutella, the choice is yours!
You can coat them with Cinn./Sugar.

Or some Cinnamon Powdered Sugar.
 ALL of them are so addicting, you cant just each one.
Believe me I tried!

Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
3 1/2 C. All Purpose Flour
1 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Lg. Eggland's Best Eggs~ beaten
1 C. Sour Cream
1 C. Pumpkin
Oil for Frying
Cinnamon/Sugar
Powdered Sugar
Nutella

Sift the first 7 ingredients together.
Add in the beaten eggs, sour cream and pumpkin.
Mix until smooth. Cover and let batter chill for
1 hour or over night.
Heat oil in a deep pan.
Using a small cookie scoop drop batter into
the hot oil.  Do not over crowd, I cooked 6 at a time.

These will need to cook for about
3 minutes, moving them over to fry evenly.
Make sure they are cooked all the way 
through the center by poking a toothpick 
in them. Have your Cinnamon/Sugar 
or powdered sugar mixture 
ready for the hot doughnuts to 
be dropped into. 
*I like to place the sugar mixture into
a paper sack, then I just drop the hot
doughnuts in and shake.
Now to fill them with Nutella, all you
need to do is fill a piping bag
with a med. sized round tip with Nutella.
after the coated doughnuts have
cooled for a few minutes, take a small
knife and just poke the tip of the knife
in to start your "hole".
Then pipe the filling in. Easy Peasy!
Depending on the size you make yours, 
this recipe makes 2-3 dozen.
Happy Baking,
Lark

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Nutella filled pumpkin donuts? Just hand them over right now:-) I love anything filled with that chocolatey goodness!!!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

oh my....gotta try these! =)

Heidi said...

Are you kidding me? When you treated us with these on conference Sunday I wanted the recipe but figured it was probably top secret! Yes! First time finally sitting down and visiting your blog. I'm definately the worst friend ever!! AND HERE THEY ARE! I'M SO EXCITED!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...