Monday, October 1, 2012

Zucchini Raspberry Bread w/ Lemon Glaze

I am being over run by fresh Zucchini.
Anyone who gardens knows that this is
the easiest veggie to grow! So why do I 
always plant (year after year) more 
plants than I need? ha, ha...
I think it is because after a long 
Winter & Spring I cant wait to eat the 
fresh from the garden squash.
At least that is what I am saying ;)
With a basket full of zucchini sitting
on my kitchen island I needed to use,
I thought might as well  make more
zucchini bread. Knowing I could always
give it away to neighbors.   
(I sometimes wonder if my neighbors ever
want to hide and not answer the
door when I start coming around...)
Anyhow...I wanted to make it a
little different, while looking through the
 freezer I came across some fresh raspberries
I had frozen earlier in the season. ..why not?!
It was a hit!

This bread is already very moist,
then add in all those fresh berries
and it is a whole different level of Moistness!

Zucchini Raspberry Bread w/ Lemon Glaze
6 Eggland's Best Egg's
4 C. Sugar
1 C. Oil
1 C. Applesauce
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking Soda
3 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 C. Apple Cider or Orange juice
6 1/2 C. All Purpose Flour
4 C. Shredded Zucchini
1 C. Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
*1 C. Chopped Nuts~ * Optional

Lemon Glaze
2 C. Powdered Sugar
1/2 C. Lemon Juice


Preheat Oven to 350
In a large mixing bowl combine the first 9
ingredients until smooth.  Toss the raspberries in
2 TBSP of the flour. set aside.
Add in the flour and zucchini, and nut's is desire.
Fold in the coated berries.
Divide the batter into (4) loaf pans.
Bake for 60-70 Minutes.
Glaze hot loaves with Lemon Glaze.
Cool completely before removing from pan.
Reap what you Sew,
Lark


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...