Friday, February 22, 2013

Strawberry Tapioca Salad

This is NOT your typical Tapioca.
Although it takes a little time, it is
well worth the effort.
The Middle school students in my
cooking class, say it tasted like
strawberry marshmallow cream.
That's not your typical salad. (lol)
Strawberry Tapioca Salad
5 C. Water
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Pearl Tapioca~ uncooked
1 C. Sugar
1(3oz.) Strawberry Jello
1(8oz.) Cool Whip
2 C. Fresh Strawberries~sliced
In a large pot bring water and salt to a boil.
Stir in the tapioca pearls, cook for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in jello and sugar
until dissolved. Cover and chill for a couple hours
or overnight. Just before serving fold in
the cool whip and fresh strawberries.
Happy Baking,
Lark

2 comments:

Lexiquin said...

Thank you for posting this recipe. Someone brings a potluck dish to Church that I wasn't able to figure out--I think this explains it. I like it, btw, so will plan on making it soon.

The Better Baker said...

Oh my - I've never made a recipe like this before. My mom always made a rhubarb/tapioca dish that we still love, but this is an amazing combo. Pinning!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...