Monday, October 28, 2013

Layered Spaghetti Supreme Pie

I know there are a TON of baked
spaghetti casserole recipes out there.
I know because I have made more than
my share of them. Tell me why do they
always look and sound so much better
than they taste? To me they taste over
cooked and dried out. Never fear....
I am happy to tell you that I have
come up with the BEST baked
Spaghetti recipe EVER!!
Layers of goodness to
satisfy your taste buds.
 
Layered Spaghetti Supreme Pie
1/2 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 lb. Ground Sausage
2-3 Cups Spaghetti Sauce
8 oz. Cream Cheese~ softened
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Cups Cottage Cheese
2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 pkg. Spaghetti Noodles
4 TBSP. Olive Oil
 
Preheat oven to 350
* if you want to prepare this in
your Slow Cooker, you will need to set
it on the low setting.
 Boil the spaghetti noodle to
al dente stage, drain and then
toss with the 4 TBSP of olive oil.
Set aside.
In a skillet combine the ground beef
and ground sausage together. You can
add in any of your favorite seasonings
to the meat that you want.
I like to add in powdered garlic and onion,
 cumin and oregano.
Brown until cooked through.
Stir in the spaghetti sauce.
Combine the cream cheese, sour cream,
cottage cheese and seasoning together.
Stir until blended.
Lightly grease a 9x13" pan
or spray your slow cooker.
Place 1/2 spaghetti noodles in the
bottom, spread the cream cheese
mixture over top that evenly.
On top of this, layer the
remaining noodles over top.
Pour sauce and meat mixture
over the noodles and top
(I had extra mozzarella on hand so I used that also)
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
*For slow cookers, cook for 3 hours on low.
 Remove foil and top with the cheddar cheese.
Return to oven to bake for another
5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let rest for 10 minutes before
cutting. Serve with a green
salad and garlic bread.
Mmmmm,
Lark
 
 
 

1 comment:

The Better Baker said...

YUM oh YUM! That layer of yummy cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese has GOT to make this the best ever for sure! And all that cheese!!!! I love how you think! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...