Friday, December 17, 2010

Soft Christmas Sugar Cookies w/ Cream Cheese Frosting





I first tasted this sugar cookie a few years back when a girlfriend of mine
made these for her neighbor gifts. And any one who knows me I am the QUEEN of
Cream Cheese frosting. I love it on everything. So I talked Nicole into giving me the recipe
for the sugar cookies. I am not a fan of "crisp" cookies. And these are so soft, PERFECT!

Cream together:

2 eggs
2 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Then add:
1 C. Sour Cream ( don't use Fat Free, it doesn't work...I tried!)
1 C. margarine; soften

Add remaining above it well blended:

1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
5 C. flour

Mix well if dough is a bit "sticky" add a little bit more flour.

* now you can go ahead and roll it out and cut out shapes and bake,
at this point. Or you can chill the dough for a couple hours.
I have done both, I prefer to chill first.

Bake @ 350 for 8-10 minutes until edges are light brown.


MY Cream Cheese Frosting:

2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese; soften
1/2 C. margarine; soften
2 tsp. vanilla
6 C. Powdered sugar

First beat together the cream cheese & margarine.
When smooth add the vanilla & flour.

*NOTE: you can freeze these cookies ahead of time and frost later.
And Nicole has even froze her's with the frosting on!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...