Monday, May 31, 2010

My "Running Life"





For 2010 goal I have decides to : DO 10 in 2010 !

Ten race events in the year 2010. I have started off strong.
In January: I was signed up for the St.George 1/2 Marathon. Due to an on going Shoulder injury from last year, my Doctor told me he didn't think it was a good idea to do another Marathon so close to the last one.(Dec.'09) So I talked my husband into doing a the 5k along with me. And my 10 year old daughter also signed up to do the kids 1 mile fun run.

** Also My doctor scheduled my shoulder surgery for May 10th, 2010**

February: This month My husband & I also did another 5k together in Henderson. It was the Read & Run 5k for the Nevada Libraries.

March: This race was the St. George Spectrum 10K. It was a nice day and a good run. Matt and Jessica were there to cheer me on, and later we went to see Jessica play in a Soccer game.

April : This was to be my last race event until I have shoulder surgery.
I choose to do this race with one of my fellow Team Prevention teammates.
I did the Country Music Marathon in Nashville TN. And boy was it a memory maker! We had flash flood warnings that turned into tornado watches. Yes the yes went on but.... everyone was "pulled" from the course due to lighting, rain, hail & strong winds. All runners finished a 1/2 Marathon. I also had some problems on the course with my hip "popping" out. So I didn't finish with a personal best I was hoping for. But I never gave up! I did finish that race!

May : This was a great race to finish up with before surgery. I got a few local ladies together and we did the Race for the Cure 5k in Las Vegas. What a great cause! It really makes you feel good knowing you are doing it to put a stop to breast cancer.
May 10th : Surgery Day! It was a pretty in depth surgery. He repaired & cleaned up my rotator cuff, mended the broken Clavicle, and re attached the detached Tendon. So I have 6 weeks of R.-and-R. Along with Physical Therapy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...