Monday, May 31, 2010

My "Running Life"

As some of you know, I am now in love with running Marathon's! I found this out when I set a goal for myself in 2009. I told myself that when I had lost 100 lbs. I would go for something "bigger". I started out with a goal to do a 5k race every month until the end of 2009. I started that goal in April. At that time I was walking the distance. I keep that goal alive each month.
However I thought maybe I could do more..... so I set a new goal after seeing an ad in Prevention Magazine saying " join us to walk a Marathon!". Well I got the info. needed and set a new goal to be achieved on Dec. 6th, 2009 in Las Vegas. I was registered for the Las Vegas Rock-N-Roll Marathon!

Yup I Was going to "walk" 26.2 miles. I started training for this madness in July. By Sept. I had decided to go for it big time by "running" the 26.2 miles.
Training was long & hard. I ran 6 day's a week. Plus did cross training 3 times a week. I was logging any where from 20 to 60 miles per week. I never thought I would ever run the treads off my shoes! I had to replace my running shoes about every 10-12 weeks. CRAZY!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...