Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Orange-Berry Jam

This is one jam I know I will be making this year!
I don't know why it is that I enjoy canning, because it is a time consuming
hobby. But every year I cant wait for the fruit to be plentiful.
Try your hand at the flavorful jam, and I promise you'll want to make more.


3 C. fresh Raspberries
2 C. fresh Blue or Black Berries
6 1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. finely chopped Orange segments
2 TBSP. Lemon juice
4 tsp. Grated Orange Peel
1 (3 oz.) pouch of Liquid fruit pectin


Place fresh berries into blender, blend or pulse until smooth. Pour into a large sauce pan. Stir in sugar, orange segments, lemon juice & orange peel. Bring to a full rolling boil on high heat. Stirring constantly. Stir in Pectin, continue boiling for another minute.

Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle into sterilized jars. Process in a hot water bath. *makes (6) 1/2 pint jars

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...