Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lark's Pork Chop Rice Bowl









So My husband (Matt) loves his meat & potatoes.
It is getting harder and harder for me to find new healthier
versions of his favorite meals. I do find some but lets get real....
how many versions of a steak are there?

So I try and break up the "beef", by serving pork , chicken or turkey.
Also I am trying to get him to learn to like rice (brown rice) more than
having potatoes as a side dish for every choice of meat.

Well I just made this up one night hoping he would say he liked it
enough to have it again. :) AND IT WORKED.

It really is a very simple and fast dinner. While you are cooking the meat the rice is cooking ....multi-task'er that's me.

Why not try it out on YOUR meat & potato man tonight?

In a frying pan add:

3 Boneless Lean Pork Chops; chopped medium size
1/2 tsp. Onion Salt
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper

Cook on med-high heat until brown & cooked through.
Add 2 TBSP Margarine (I use I can't Believe It's Not Butter)
Stir until coats meat and melts. Set on low (just to hold heat)

While you are cooking the meat, put the water to boil for the rice.
Cook as directed on the package. (For this "size" I made 4 c. cooked rice)

Also you will need to heat up one can Corn. I do not add margarine.

Take one can of Cream of mushroom soup along with 3/4 can full of milk
(Again I use Fat Free Skim milk) and mix together. Sometimes if I think I can get away with it I add a small can of drained mushrooms to the "gravy".
heat until warm.
That's all there is to it. Next you just layer it in a bowl.
Rice, pork, corn and top it off with the mushroom gravy.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...