Saturday, June 25, 2011

Better than Starbucks Blueberry Scone's

Anyone who really knows me, know my one big "vice" or "treat" I don't deprive myself is getting a Starbucks Frapp. when I go into town. Now that being said, I don't get to indulge very often. I live 100 Miles North of Las Vegas, it isn't just a 15 minute drive to the corner Starbucks. (lol)   I know a lot of friends that say the Scones (Pumpkin & Blueberry) are out of this world good. I am always trying to figure out recipes of something I have tasted. So I bought one of each. Now I know why everyone goes to Starbucks for their COFFEE!!!  I was very disappointed in the Scones. I thought they were pretty dry and bland. Now I had a challenge! I think I more than improved on the taste. YOU be the judge.


Better than Starbucks Blueberry Scone's
2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder 
1/8 tsp. Salt
Dash of Cinnamon
6 TBSP. Cold Butter; cut in pieces
1 C. Blueberries
1 Egg
1/2 C. Milk
1 tsp. Almond Extract

Crumb Topping:
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 TBSP. Cold Butter



Preheat oven to 400

Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut in the cold butter and blend until you have crumb size pieces of butter in the mix. Next add the egg, milk and the almond extract. Fold in berries mixing well. This dough will be sticky. Flour surface, place dough on flour and sprinkle with more flour so you can handle the dough. Pat into a thick round. Cut into 8 triangles. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan.  Melt about 4 -6 TBSP. of butter and brush onto each scone. Sprinkle with the crumb topping. Bake for 18-20 minutes. *These will spread out a little when baking.
Now that is a "berry moist" scone!

Happy Baking,
Lark

9 comments:

Concetta said...

Hello Dear Friend!
I hope you are having a great weekend!!!
I am planning a big surprise party today for one of my friends!
Your recipe sounds amazing - we love blueberries!! I will be trying this - I love everything you make!!
<><
Concetta

Lexiquin said...

Your recipe sounds delicious. I don't have any fresh blueberries at home, but I think I'll make it with dried fruit. Thanks for sharing. Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

Unknown said...

ok...It is clear I am turning you toward tea party fare and THAT makes ME so happy! Even if I can't take credit for the inspiration, these scones ROCK...if ya dont mind I will link these on my recipe page! HUGS

Lisa said...

I've tried the Starbucks copycat pumpkin scones recipe but I've never seen this one before. It looks so good with that crumb topping on it. That's my kind of scone!

Kim McCallie said...

These do look absolutely delicious! And, I'm sure they're better than Starbucks! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-10.html

Anonymous said...

I love scones! Your recipe looks great! :) Have a wonderful week!

Carolina HeartStrings said...

My daughter and I love Starbucks. We are addicts for sure. Their scones are just wonderful. I canyour not wait to try your recipe. It looks fantastic.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I LOVE scones!! These look & sound heavenly. I can't wait to try the recipe.

Kim McCallie said...

Hey Lark! Just stopping by to let you know that your recipe was #1 on Sweet Indulgences Sunday last week. Hope you'll stop by this weekend and share another recipe. The party is up and running.

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/07/sweet-indulgences-sunday-11.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...