Friday, June 24, 2011

Strawberry Choc.-Chip Scones

I am loving all the fresh fruit that I can buy right now. In fact I think I have only eaten fruit today...... And when the fruit starts to "turn" before I can eat it all, I find a recipe to use it in. And that is just where I got the idea to make these.

Lark's Country Heart

 Strawberry Choc.-Chip Scones
*adapted this from  Cook with Sara's: Strawberry Scones*

2 Eggs
1/2 C. FF Sour Cream
1 C. FF Milk
4 1/2 C. Flour
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 TBSP. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 C. Margarine; cubed in pieces
2 C. Fresh Strawberries; chopped
1 tsp. Almond Extract
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 C. Mini Chocolate Chips
Preheat Oven to 425
Start by beating together the milk, sour cream, almond extract, cinnamon and eggs then set aside.  In a large bowl or mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the pieces of Margarine and cut together until well blended. Next add the cho.-chips and coat with flour mixture.Doing the same with the strawberries. Pour in the wet ingredients, stir well. Turn out onto a parchment lined sheet pan, forming into 1 or 2 rounds. Using a lightly sprayed knife cut into the  desired portion size. I then sprinkled with just a bit more of sugar.
Bake on middle rack in the oven for 20-24 minutes or until center is done. Make sure to allow the scones to totally cool before separating.
*Some things you might want to add: coconut, almonds, orange or lemon zest. You could make a nice glaze to top it off as well.
*Note: These are NOT a sweet scone*
Happy Baking!
Lark 


15 comments:

Unknown said...

FOR REAL!!! I love ya doll! These looks scrumdillyupmtious. FOR SURE! I put a link on my recipe page to these delights under SCONES. Oh ya.

Unknown said...

Oh I love this!! I am loving all the fresh fruit right now too!!

We are sponsoring a milk linky party with a blogging friend.

Would love for you to link this recipe up!!

http://alattewithotta.blogspot.com/2011/06/ott-as-iron-chef-challenge-milk-linky.html

Jacky aka Queenijax said...

i think i'm falling in love with you. I want to try almost everything you post. sniff sniff...i want one of these like right now....stupid work.

Gloria Baker said...

Look fantastic Lark ! gloria

Pamela said...

I could eat scones all day. These look extra good. Your recipes are amazing. I just sit in my chair and gain weight reading them. And that drool on my keyboard? Yep! You're responsible.

A multi-dimensional life said...

I love this recipe...as a huge fan of scones, I know I will enjoy this! Thanks so much! I came here from Sweet as Sugar Cookies! So glad to meet you! I admire your work to find a cure!

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! I usually use up fruit for a cobbler or pie,but this would be something different.

Anonymous said...

I've never made scones. But your recipe with strawberrie and chocolate chips looks wonderful.

Lisa said...

They must taste like chocolate covered strawberries.

sherri lynn said...

I LOVE scones! I like trying new variations so I'll have to add this to my list!

Jane said...

These scones look yummy, Lark! I could eat a whole bunch!

Thanks for sharing them on Melt in Your Mouth Monday! :)

Lisette said...

I make strawberry shortcake scones, but these look awesome! Going to try these next!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

You got a stunning space here! Loved the recipe...thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Slice of Southern said...

uh oh....i want this one!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Sounds good, Lark.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...