Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lemon Bars

Lark's Country Heart
These are also know as: Dad-Can't-Get-enough-of-those-Lemon Bars!
My Dad's Favorite Sweet. He would always request these whenever I came home. I think this is where I got my love of Lemon. And let me tell you, any "trait" I may be blessed to get or have that is from my Dad has got to be GOOD! He is such a wonderful example of a person that NEVER judges. (well not counting the times he checked my ears to see how many "holes in my head" I recently had) My dad is someone I will always try to impress.I Love you Dad!

*You can cut this recipe in half if you don't need this large of a pan. But I will warn you....They will go fast!*

1 C. (2 sticks) of Butter ; softened
1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
2 C. flour
dash of Salt
Mix these together and press into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
Bake for 15 minutes in a 350 oven.

While crust is in oven Mix together in another bowl:

4 Eggs; beaten
2 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Flour
5 TBSP Lemon Juice

Mix well, take crust out of oven & pour lemon filing over crust.
Return to oven and continue baking for another 25 minutes.

Making sure center is "set".

While still warm,  run a knife around edges of crust.
Dust with powdered sugar and cut into bars.

*tip: I have even added some fresh Lemon Zest to the filling,it does add to the flavor.

Happy Baking,
   Lark

9 comments:

bj said...

I love ANYthing lemon. These sound wonderful.
I'll come back later to link on MAKE IT ON MONDAY.
xo bj

Carolina HeartStrings said...

Those just look fantastic. I can almost smell the lemon. Yum.

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

I think Blogger ate my comment from yesterday, but I came back to thank you for linking this delicious recipe to Monday, Mmm ... Dessert.

Kim McCallie said...

I love lemon bars. They're always so good and refreshing. Yours look delicious! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/07/sweet-indulgences-sunday-12.html

Jenn said...

These are mouthwatering!

Jenn@TheCakeDish said...

I am making this for dessert tonight! Thanks for sharing!

Kim McCallie said...

Hi Lark! Just stopping by to let you know that your recipe was #2 on last week's Sweet Indulgences Sunday. Hope you'll stop by again and add another recipe. The party is up and running.

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/07/sweet-indulgences-sunday-13.html

Concetta said...

Everything you make is the BEST!!! I love seeing you on other linky parties - seeing our friends is the part that is so much fun on blog hops!!!
Love,
Concetta

Terra said...

This is one of my most favorite desserts my Mom made growing up:-) They look delicious! Hugs, Terra
www.cafeterrablog.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...