Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fabulous Dinner Rolls

When the weather starts to change putting 
a chill in the air, telling all Fall is here.
It makes me want to spend time in the kitchen baking.

I cant think of anything better than the smell of 
fresh warm bread coming from the oven.
When you have the time to put into making
home baked bread this is the recipe you 
want to have. 


Dinner Rolls

3 C. Milk
1/2 C. Shortening
1/2 C. Margarine
3/4 C. Sugar
3 TBSP. Yeast *( I use Red Star Brand)
1 TBSP. Salt
1/2 C. Warm Water
3 Lg. Eggland's Best Eggs -beaten
10-12 c. Bread Flour

In a Large Microwave safe bowl combine the milk, shortening,
margarine, salt and sugar. Heat until warm where the margarine
 and shortening are almost melted. 
Add in the beaten eggs stirring until all is smooth.
Pour into your mixing bowl to cool for a few minutes.
Next combine the warm water and yeast in a small bowl 
to bloom for 5 minutes. Then add to the milk mixture.
Add in half of the flour, mix well. Then add in remaining
flour to make a soft dough. Mix again for another 5 minutes.
Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead out any air bubbles.
Place dough in a large greased bowl. 
Spreading 2 TBSP. of oil to the top of the dough.
Cover with a light cloth or plastic wrap.
Let raise in a warm place until doubled in size.
Shape into rolls, place on greased pan to rise again.
Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
*If desire you can then brush melted butter over hot rolls.

Keeping Traditions Alive,
Lark

7 comments:

Barbara F. said...

These remind me of Parkerhouse rolls. Definitely want these on my Thanksgiving table! xo

Krista said...

These look so yummy! I love bread. I'm the girl that fills up on it before the meal :) Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week.

Everyday Mom's Meals

Kim McCallie said...

These look great, Lark! I love a good dinner roll. I can eat more rolls than dinner if I have these on the table. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Unknown said...

Somehow I'm missing your posts but saw this over at Everyday Mom's Meals, Love this, I love making bread with my daughter and this looks so warm and inviting, perfect! Will be trying soon! Thanks for sharing!

The Better Baker said...

Lark - I can almost smell these! They look divine. Nothin' says lovin' like homemade rolls from the oven. I SO agree! YUM-O!!!

Carolina HeartStrings said...

Holy cow do those look good. I cannot wait to try these!

Scott said...

I saw this on pinterest and they look amazing so i had to try them immediately. Iam making these right now, just waiting for the dough to rise. so excited! I'm making honey butter to
put On them while they're hot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...