Friday, January 20, 2012

Homemade Marinara Sauce

Ever since I have made this sauce I have been 
thinking of every possible recipe I have
that I can add it too. YES, it is THAT GOOD!
I am pretty sure it is MY new Pizza Sauce!


Homemade Marinara Sauce
2 (28 oz.) Canned Crushed Tomato's
3 TBSP. Olive Oil-divided
2 Cloves of Garlic-diced
3/4 C. White Onion -finely diced
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 C. Beef Broth
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1 TBSP. Sugar
3 TBSP Italian Seasoning

Place 1 TBSP in a large stock pot along with
the diced garlic and onion. Let cook until tender.
Place all other ingredients into a blender.
Pulse 4-5 times to blend ingredients together.
You can blend longer if you desire a smoother sauce.
Then pour sauce into the stock pot.
Simmer over low/med. heat for 20 minutes
stirring often. If sauce is thicker than you
like, just add in more beef broth.
Feeling a little "saucy",
Lark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmm Lark this sounds incredible. I've been searching for a good homemade marinara sauce. Thanks for sharing! :)

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

So yummy, Lark! I really want to dip right in with your fried mozzarella! And thanks so much for your sweet words of condolence. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...