Monday, January 2, 2012

Jessica's Light & Flaky Biscuits

First I need to wish y'all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I hope this year is Happier, Healthier and more
Full filling than last year.

My daughter Jessica this past month 
had asked for her own cooking/baking set.
I was secretly so giddy that she asked for that...
she has in the past helped me in the kitchen,
however she has never really wanted to get in there on
her own. So of course I made sure she received her
very own supplies! And I am happy to inform y'all
that she has since made (on her very own) a batch
of Peanut Butter cookies and THESE Biscuits!
Both were a SUCCESS!!

Jessica's Light and Flaky Biscuits
2 C. Flour
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1 TBSP Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Shortening
3/4 C. Milk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
In mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
Cut in shortening with a pastry blender, until it resembles crumbs.
Lastly add in milk. Transfer dough to a floured surface, knead
lightly 3-4 times. Pat out into an 1 inch thing slab. 
Using a 2 inch round cutter. Place onto a ungreased baking
sheet pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

One Proud Momma!,
Lark

8 comments:

Michele said...

WOW! What gorgeous biscuits! You have every right to be a proud Momma!

Barbara F. said...

Those biscuits look better than Paula Deen's!! I am keeping this recipe. Happy New Year, Lark! xo

Unknown said...

wow, mouth watering!

Unknown said...

These are Awesome! Look how fluffy they are! She learned from the Best! <3 and Hugs!

The Better Baker said...

Oh how fun! The biscuits look heavenly...I will make them soon. Thanks to both of you for sharing. Bake on Jessica! =)

Jane said...

How sweet! If I had a daughter, I'd feel the same way! My boys are grown now and they never really wanted to cook with me when they were young.

My 22 year old son is on his own now and seems to enjoy cooking. I just bought him his first chef knife and garlic press for Christmas! That was fun for me!

Zestuous said...

These were great Lark! So easy, so flaky. The perfect Saturday morning treat.

Lisa said...

Those biscuits look like a success indeed. So high, so flaky, so superb.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...