Friday, February 15, 2013

Loaded Potato Skins

Oh My flipping Heck these are addicting!
 You have got to give them a try....YUM
I have never baked potato's just for the intention
of making potato skins. However I was entering a 
recipe contest and wanted to use the featured
ingredients is a different way. These Loaded
Potato Skins are what I submitted.
My family asks me to bake potato's
just to make them into "skins" now.
So I think I am safe to say they were a hit!

Loaded Potato Skins
2 lg. Baker Potato's~ Cooked
1/2 C. Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 C. Sour Cream
1/3 C. Salsa~*I used Mild Rotel w/Chili's
Johnsonville Irish O' Garlic Sausage links
Nacho Cheese Sauce
Chopped Green Onions

Preheat oven to 400
Start by cutting your baked potato's
in half length wise, then cut each half into
3 strips lengthwise again.
This will give you (12) skins.


Place in the oven to crisp for about
5-8 minutes or longer depending on
what you like.
Now in a skillet place the sausage links
to cook on med heat. Once they are browned
on all sides, remove from pan and cut each
link into strips, return them to the pan to cook.
 Once they are cooked, drain on 
a paper towel. Cut into smaller pieces.
Mix the sour cream and salsa together.
Now your  going to "load" the skins in layers.
Take the hot skins out of the oven, sprinkle with
sharp cheese, spread the sour cream/salsa
mixture over that. Add as much of the cooked
sausage as desired, dollop the nacho cheese sauce
and top off with the green onions.
DIG IN!
Lark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...