Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chewy Homemade Brownies

If I had to choose a dessert
that would for sure make me smile,
it would have to be a chewy brownie!
It doesn't even matter if is has frosting....
As long as it is soft and chewy!
I have been making this same brownie
recipe for years. It is a family approved,
"tried and true" recipe. They are so
soft & chewy you don't even need to
frost them. (however no harm in it either;)

Chewy Homemade Brownies
1 C. Butter ~ softened
2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Cocoa Powder
4 Lg. Egg's
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Vanilla Or cold coffee
*1/2 C. Chopped Nuts~ Optional

Preheat oven to 350
Cream together the sugar and butter for 3 minutes.
Add in the vanilla and eggs one at a time while beating.
 Sift together cocoa, salt and flour add to
wet ingredients. Mix until smooth. If you are adding
in nuts, fold them into the batter at this point.
Also I have stirred in extra's like chocolate chips,
 toffee pieces, candy pieces they all work !
Pout batter into a greased 9x13" pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Make sure center is cooked through.
Cool on wire rack before cutting.
**Tip~ when cutting brownies I like to use a
plastic knife. I  know that sounds funny, but I
assure you the brownie wont stick to the knife
tearing each piece.
Happy Baking,
Lark




2 comments:

Carolina HeartStrings said...

This is a great recipe. Easy and the brownies look yummy.

The Better Baker said...

Oh Larky - these are absolutely mouth-watering!!!! I love how you tied it up with a bow too...what a perfect presentation. Brownies are a hit anytime, and I love them chewy. Pinned!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...