Saturday, March 2, 2013

Country Fresh Blueberry Cake

I have got Spring Fever!
When I see fresh berries in the store
I just have to pick up a few cartons,
 run home to make a new
recipe that will make me feel as if
Spring has arrived! (lol)
Surely I am not the only one to do this?!
This recipe is one I had the
Middle School Students make in class.
Therefore I am safe in saying it
is a "kid friendly" recipe.  :)
 
Country Fresh Blueberry Cake
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 C. Milk
1/2 C. Butter ~ melted
1 C. Fresh Blueberries~plus 1 TBSP Flour
1 tsp. Almond Extract
1 tsp. Lemon Zest
 
ICING:
1 C. Powdered Sugar
Juice of 1 Lemon
 
Preheat oven to 375
Whisk together the  first 5 ingredients.
Add in the milk, butter, almond extract
and lemon zest.  Place the berries along with
the 1 TBSP of flour into a plastic bag.
Shake to coat the berries in the flour.
Pour batter into a lightly greased
9x9 pan. Sprinkle the coated berries
evenly over the batter. Bake
for 40-45 minutes, or until center is set.
Mix together the powdered sugar
and lemon juice to make a thin glaze.
Brush over top of warm cake before serving.
THINK SPRING!
Lark
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Suesue said...

This looks yummy, all I'm missing is the almond extract! Wonder if I could substitute lemon or vanilla extract?

Unknown said...

Susie, sure you can! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...