Monday, May 27, 2013

Lemon Cream Cheese Angel Food Cake Roll

One of my favorite cakes I love to
make is My Pumpkin Roll. However I
usually only make it once or twice a year.
(I have no idea why, I guess I just link it to
being a Fall Season dessert.)
That being said I wanted to create a new
recipe I would make year around.
Of course I knew it would have lemon in it.
This turned out even better that I had hoped.
 
Lemon Cream Cheese Angel Food Cake Roll
1 (16oz.) Angel food Cake Mix
1 (3oz.) Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
1 C. Milk
2 (8oz.) Cream Cheese~ softened
3-4 C. Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Lemon Zest
 
Preheat oven to 350
Make Angel Food Cake according to
the package directions.
Spread onto a parchment lined
and lightly sprayed jelly roll pan.
Bake for 30-40 minutes
While cake is baking combine the
pudding mix and milk together.
Chill to set up for 20 minutes.
In a mixing bowl beat together the
cream cheese, powdered sugar, zest
until smooth. Stir in the set up pudding,
chill again until cake is ready. 
Immediately turn cake onto a
powdered sugar covered towel.
Remove the parchment paper from
the cake. Cut off crisp edges of cake.
Roll up in towel, let cool for 5 minutes.
Then carefully unroll cake and spread
the filling mixture over entire cake.
Again roll up as tight as you can.
Place in plastic wrap, roll up tightly.
 I like to then place it in the freezer
over night. However you can chill
it in the refrigerator for a few hours
before cutting and serving.

Make this up anytime of the year!
Lark
 
 


2 comments:

The Better Baker said...

OOOO YUM! What an awesome recipe. Simple too. What a lovely refreshing summer dessert!

Unknown said...

from FiveLittleChefs.com - This looks like a delicious summer treat! I would love for you to stop by and link up to my linky party - http://www.fivelittlechefs.com/2013/05/fantastic-thursday-47.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...