Friday, September 20, 2013

Homemade Peaches & Cream Pie

Nothing says Summer more than
all the fresh fruit available.
I can not stop buying it.
For I know that very soon
 all the fruit will be gone.
Well at least the fresh picked
anyway. Yes I know you can get
fruit year around, however I really
believe it doesn't taste the same.
Peaches are one of those fruits
that I only eat fresh during the
Summer months. That being said
I go a little over board...lol.
That is how this Pie came to be.
I had to find a way of using up
some of the "older" peaches
I had  sitting in the fridge.
I was NOT going to toss them out!

Peaches and Cream Pie
3 Cup's Fresh Sliced Peaches
1 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/8 teaspoon Salt
2 Egg's
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
1~  9"inch Unbaked Pie Shell*
*I like to use my Cream Cheese Pie Crust

Crumb Topping~
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Butter~ cold/cubed

Preheat oven to  350
Start by placing the sliced peaches into
your unbaked pie shell.
In a small bowl sift together the
flour, sugar and salt.
In a separate bowl beat together the
egg's, sour cream and extract.
Pour half of the dry ingredients into
the cream mixture. Mix well.
Add in the remaining dry ingredients
and beat well again. Now pour cream
filling over top of the peaches.
*I like to place my pie on a cookie pan
to catch any overflow.
Now it's time to mix up the crumb
topping for this pie. In a bowl sift
together the flour and sugar. Then
cut in the cold butter with a fork or
pastry blender. You will want for the
crumbs to be pea size that
will come together if you pinch it
 between your finger's.
Sprinkle evenly over entire pie.
Place onto the center rack of your
preheated oven, bake for 1 hour.
Let pie cool completely
before serving.
Believe me it is so hard to wait
for it to cool, because the smell
of this pie baking is DIVINE!
It will be worth the wait I promise.
I like to serve it up with some
fresh sliced peaches and fresh
whipped cream.
*This Pie also freezes
really well for up to a month.
Now dive on in, ENJOY!
Lark
*I have also shared this recipe over on
my sweet friend Christy Jordan's site~






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...