Friday, September 17, 2010

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Family Vacation




Well it has been a long time since I have logged anything.....I feel as if I am still "running around with my head cut off". First let me say I LOVED the Race! And it was a extra bonus to have my family vacation in between. What a fun place, I really do think it is the "happiest place on earth"! You cant not be happy and smile when you see a Disney character walk by. On almost every other mile of the race you could see a "photo op" to stop and take a picture with Buzz or Donald and so on...
this wasn't a race I worried about my time. Being my first "race" off of surgery, I just wanted to finish. And It was a good trial run. However I do think I need to step it up a bit before my next race.

Matt, Jessica and & I spent a day at the beach, were they learned to body surf. They had the time of there lives. I enjoyed walking the beach picking up sea shells and watching all the surfers. I did not think about the suns rays......and I turned into a swollen lobster the next day. Matt & Jess were smarter than I and at least put sunscreen on at the beginning of the day. they did get some sun but only not near as bad as I. Dumb I know!

We had a day at the Marathon Expo and then hit the parks. Having a 5 day pass for both parks made it easy to go back & forth between them. We weren't sure how the crowds would be seeing that it was Labor Day weekend. But it was perfect! I bet the longest we stood in line for any ride was 10 minutes. So I highly recommend to go on Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous. I love disneyland.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...