Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crumb Topped Coffee Cake


I have been working on this recipe for over 6 months,
I am NOT kidding you!  I think I have made this
recipe more than I want to admit! (lol)
(I am thinking around 10 times!)
 I just kept thinking it was missing something.
So I am very happy to share with you the 
FINALLY approved version!
I hope you will enjoy it along side your
morning Hot chocolate or Coffee soon.

Crumb Topped Coffee Cake
Cake Batter:
2 C. All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
2/3 C. Brown Sugar
3/4 C. Sugar
3 Eggland's Best Eggs
3 TBSP. Oil
1 1/2 C. Sour Cream

Crumb Topping:
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Quick Rolled Oats~Blended
1/3 C. All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Cinnamon
3 TBSP. Butter~cold
*1/3 C. chopped nuts~* optional

Preheat oven to 350
Start by sifting the flour,baking powder,
baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar's.
To the sifted ingredients stir in the egg's,
oil and sour cream. Beat until smooth.
Pour this into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
Set aside and proceed to make the topping.
In a bowl combine all  dry ingredients,
dice the cold butter and cut into mixture.
You want a mixture of sized crumbs.
Sprinkle 3/4 of the crumbs over the batter.
Reserving the 1/4 left over for later.
Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is cooked
all the way through the center.
Remove from oven, sprinkle the remaining
topping over the cake.
 Lightly press topping into the baked cake.
Let cake cool completely before cutting.
Perfect for crisp mornings,
Lark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...