Saturday, November 24, 2012

Apple Cranberry Baked Brie

As the Holiday party invitations
start to arrive at your door, 
in the mail, through office emails...
you might be wondering what dish
you can take to "WOW" your host's.
I have taken the worry out of the mix for you
with this simple yet elegant appetizer.
I also wanted to share in this post;
  this Handmade Ceramic Platter/Side Baker
 made from the very talented hands of
Lori Richter of Clay Dancer Studio. 
A few months ago I had asked via My Face Book
page if there were anyone interested in a "trade".
By that I mean they would send me a product
they would like to see being used in one of my 
recipes. It could be anything from spices to platters.
Well Lori was more than generous in sending me
this amazing, beautiful platter/side baker.
*Oven, Microwave safe!*
 *This photo does not do these items justice!
The color's and a bright tangerine, kings gold yellow
with a cream/brown accents.
If you are interested in seeing more of Lori's
divine ceramic pieces. Or would like to purchase
a handmade special gift for yourself or a friend,
Thank you so much Lori for giving this
set to me, I will cherish for many years.

Apple Cranberry Baked Brie
8 oz. Brie
1/2 C. Whole Cranberry Sauce*
1 Granny Smith Apple~ peeled, shredded
1/3 Brown Sugar
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
1 (9"inch) Pre-made Pie Crust or Puff Pastry
cinnamon/sugar~ Optional

Preheat oven to 350
Mix the cranberry sauce, apple,brown sugar
nutmeg, cinnamon together.
Lay out your round of pastry dough,
place the brie in the center.
Top with the fruit mixture.
Fold up edges of dough, pinch to seal
edges. If you want you can make
a egg wash and brush with over to
help seal dough. It will also give your crust
a nice golden brown.
Then if you choose to add the cinnamon/sugar 
sprinkle it over the top. Place brie into a
"tight" fitting or about the same size
 baking dish to bake. 
Bake for 20-30 minutes.
After baking let the brie sit for at least
 10 minutes to allow the cheese to firm up a little.
Serve with Bread, crackers or fruit.
Happy Holiday!
Lark




1 comment:

The Better Baker said...

I have never ever done anything with brie...I think this is going to be a first for me this year. Thanks much for sharing this amazing creation. The dishes are gorgeous too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...