Monday, November 19, 2012

My Country Cranberry Coffee Cake

I finally created my FAVORITE
recipe for a MOIST Coffee Cake!
Yup, It took me a couple of tries to make
it to my expectations....Well worth it!
This is super moist, even a couple day's
out...if you can stay away from it
for that amount of time ;)
I have made this using cranberries
as well as blueberries, either way is DIVINE!
(I even made one using both!)

Country Cranberry Coffee Cake
2 Egg's
2 C. Sugar
1 Stick Unsalted Butter
1 tsp. Almond extract
1 tsp. Salt
4 TBSP. Milk
Dash of Cinnamon
Zest of 1 Lemon
2 1/4 C. All Purpose Flour
2 C. Fresh or Frozen Cranberries

Preheat oven to 350
Cream together the sugar and butter for
3 minutes, then add in the egg's one at a time.
Beat until smooth, while mixing add the 
salt, extract, zest, cinnamon and milk.
In a Zip lock bag add 1/4 C. flour and the berries.
Shake to coat all the berries, set aside.
Add the 2 C. Flour to the batter, mix well.
Fold Coated Berries into batter.
Evenly spread batter into a 10" spring form
pan that has been greased.
(I like to sprinkle the top with a mixture of 
Cinnamon/Sugar)

Bake for 1 hour. Test to make sure center is done
with a toothpick. Let cool on a wire rack
until completely cooled before cutting.
Store in a covered cake pedestal.

ENJOY!
Lark

3 comments:

The Better Baker said...

Looks mouth-watering!!!

Sheila and Rob Long said...

Wow...looks awesome!

Rob

Dara said...

I made this last weekend with strawberries and blueberries. It was so popular I'm making it again today. Definitely a favorite recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...