Friday, November 16, 2012

My Traditional Pumpkin Roll

WOW,... I can't believe it's already
time to start planning our (your)
 Thanksgiving Day Meal!
It seem's as if it was just a few weeks 
ago I was getting ready for the new
school year. "Time flies when your having fun".
 Or is it "time flies when you have 
children at home?"  (lol)
I look forward to the Thanksgiving meal
like children look forward to 
Christmas morning! I am NOT kidding.
I get so excited with all the planning: searching for 
new dishes I want to try, shopping for the best 
deals for all the ingredients. Even the thawing
of the turkey! I just cant stop thinking about
all the items I want to make. 
I have started to add a few "new" dish's
each year to mix it up a little. However I also have my
traditional entree's  that I am under order
to NOT EVER leave out. (ha, ha) 
 My pumpkin rolls are in that category!
 Every year I have to make
at least 4 roll's...in addition to all the other
"mandatory" desserts. 

Today I wanted to share with Y'all 
My Pumpkin Roll's, in hopes that you might want to 
try them out and add them to your
Thanksgiving Day Dessert Table.
Lark's Sinful Pumpkin Roll's
3 Eggland's Best Egg's
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Pumpkin Puree
1 C. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ginger
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 C. Chopped Pecan's*~ Optional

Cream Cheese Filling
2 (8oz.) Cream Cheese~ softened
3 TBSP. Butter~softened
2 C. Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice~ *Optional

Preheat oven to 375
In a large mixing bowl combine all the cake ingredients 
together and beat until smooth.
Pour into a wax paper lined jelly roll pan,
that has been lightly sprayed with pam.

Spread out evenly and then bake 
for 15 minutes.
While the cake is baking you need to
prepare a thin towel covered with powdered sugar.
You will be inverting the hot cake onto the
powdered towel right out of the oven.
Slowly remove the wax paper from the cake
then  sprinkle again with powdered sugar. 
Then roll up and place into
the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
Since you have a few minutes you can 
start mixing the filling.
Beat together the cream cheese and
butter until smooth and no lumps.
Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla
and if you choose the pumpkin spice.
Beat for another couple minutes.
Unwrap the chilled cake and spread filling
over entire cake. Carefully roll up the cake
again as tight as you can.
Return to the fridge to chill again for
another hour before serving.
(I like to place then into the freezer, 
by doing thisit is a lot easier to cut 
into slices with out tearing the cake.)
Serve 'em something special!
Lark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...